NOMINATE YOUR ENGLISH LANGUAGE TEACHER TODAY!
We are looking for teachers who:
- exemplify the use of good spoken and written English;
- enact learner-centred approaches during English lessons to develop English Language/Literature in English/General Paper Learner Outcomes aligned with the syllabuses;
- choose pedagogical approaches which are underpinned by knowledge bases appropriate to learners’ readiness, interests and learning profiles; and
- develop their teaching competencies to enact classroom practices in alignment with the syllabuses and curriculum, as well as classroom-based innovations.
We're also looking for Heads of Departments (HODs) / Subject Heads (SHs) / Level heads (LHs) who have:
- communicated a shared vision for quality teaching and learning that reflects a strong understanding of the organisational culture and the learning needs of staff and students;
- planned an English Language/Literature in English/General Paper school-based curriculum alighed with the relevant national syllabuses to meet the readiness, interests and learning profiles of students of the school;
- effectively implemented the school-based curriculum to develop the English Language/Literature in English/General Paper Learner Outcomes aligned with the syllabuses; and
- developed the teaching competencies of teachers in their departments so that they are able to enact classroom practices in alignment with the syllabuses and curriculum, as well as classroom-based innovations.
If this sounds like a teacher you know, nominate them for the Inspiring Teacher of English Award.
Download your nomination and endorsement forms here:
Leadership Award (for HODs, SHs and LHs)
Nominations are now closed.
About the Inspiring Teacher of English Award
The Inspiring Teacher of English Award acknowledges teachers who have been instrumental in igniting a love for the English Language and are effective in helping their students communicate better. These teachers are passionate about making English interesting and relevant to their students, and are innovative in engaging their students to help them learn English better. The Award salutes these teachers for their continual learning and constant efforts to upgrade themselves to benefit their students and schools.
Find us on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/goodenglishmovement