NOMINATE YOUR ENGLISH LANGUAGE TEACHER TODAY!
We are looking for teachers who:
- exemplify the use of good spoken and written English;
- promote learning-focused interaction during English lessons; and
- choose pedagogies appropriate to learners’ readiness, interests and learning profiles.
We're also looking for Heads of Departments (HODs) / Subject Heads (SHs) / Level heads (LHs) who have:
- communicated a shared vision for quality teaching and learning that reflects a strong understanding of the organisational culture and the learning needs of staff and students;
- planned an English Language/Literature/General Paper programme based on the requirements of the relevant national syllabuses to meet the readiness, interests and learning profiles of students of the school;
- effectively implemented the school-based instructional programme (including enrichment and/or remedial programmes);
- developed the teaching competencies of teachers of English so that they are better able to enact their school-based instructional programmes.
If this sounds like a teacher you know, nominate them for the Inspiring Teacher of English Award.
Download your nomination and endorsement forms here:
Leadership Award (for HODs, SHs and LHs)
The original deadline of 3 April 2020, has now been extended. All completed nomination and endorsement forms must reach the Movement by 5.00pm on Friday, 24 April 2020. Submit your nominations today!
For schools submitting forms after 5 April 2020, please submit the forms via email to NHB_SpeakGoodEnglishMovement@nhb.gov.sg.
About the Inspiring Teacher of English Award
The Inspiring Teacher of English Award acknowledges teachers who have been instrumental in igniting a love for the English Language and are effective in helping their students communicate better. These teachers are passionate about making English interesting and relevant to their students, and are innovative in engaging their students to help them learn English better. The Award salutes these teachers for their continual learning and constant efforts to upgrade themselves to benefit their students and schools.
Find us on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/goodenglishmovement