Say It Right! contains a list of commonly mispronounced words with correct audio pronunciations and definitions in a Singaporean voice. Learn how to pronounce words like liaise, siphon, esplanade, almond, library.
Definition: A place where things are hidden, especially the temporary storage on a computer
Example: Let’s clear the cache from your computer.
Definition: Lacking in sympathy for the pain or distress of other people.
Example: His attitude was really quite callous.
Definition: A person who plays the cello.
Example: Yoyoma is a world famous cellist.
Definition: A large musical instrument with four strings.
Example: He plays the cello in an orchestra.
- The qualities that make a person different from others
- The particular nature of something
- Strength and originality in a person’s nature
- A person’s good reputation
- A person in a novel, play or film
- An eccentric or amusing person
- A printed or written letter or symbol
Example: He has a good character.
Definition: Young people, plural for child
Example: I have two grown-up children.
Definition: A fellow worker or member of a staff, department, profession, etc in an organisation
Example: She gets along well with her colleagues.
- (of clothing, furniture, etc.) Producing or affording physical comfort, support, or ease
- Being in a state of physical or mental comfort; contented and undisturbed; at ease
- (of a person, situation, etc.) Producing mental comfort or ease; easy to accommodate oneself to or associate with
- Free from financial worry
Example: This sofa is really comfortable.
Definition: A group of people who are appointed to deal with particular issues
Example: I want to join the welfare committee.
- Capable of being compared; having features in common with something else to permit or suggest comparison
- Worthy of comparison
- Usable for comparison; similar
Example: The pay in those two jobs is comparable.
Definition: Anxiety, worry; to be involved in
Example: Your slipping grades are a very big concern.
Definition: A person who is an expert in the arts or matters of taste.
Example: He is a well-known art connoisseur.
- Happy, satisfied
- Contents, something that is contained; the subjects or topics covered in a book or document
- I am very contented with my life.
- I like to start reading from the contents page.
Definition: Carry on with or resume an activity or process
Example: I will continue to study hard.
Definition: To give something, such as money or time, in order to allow something good to be achieved.
Example: She continues to contribute to charity despite being jobless.
Definition: A sudden action which brings unexpected success
Example: The military tried to seize power by staging a coup.
Definition: A piece of paper that can be used to obtain something free or at a reduced price
Example: This discount coupon will help me save some money.
Definition: A person employed to carry important messages or documents.
Example: She delivered her package by overnight courier.
Definition: Firm and fresh; a thin, round piece of fried potato, often sold as a snack in plastic bags
Example: The pastry was crisp and delicious.
Definition: A packet of thin slices of fried potatoes eaten as a snack
Example: I enjoy snacking on crisps while watching a movie.
Definition: A light crescent-shaped pastry
Example: The buttery smell of croissant makes my mouth water.