Singaporean Mandarin Database
This database contains a collection of Mandarin terms which have cultural, historical or sentimental value unique to Singapore. These terms may be used by Singaporeans in the past or at present. Some of the terms are read in print while others are used in our everyday conversations.
Anti-Drug Abuse Campaign
中央肃毒局（Central Narcotics Bureau）与全国防止嗜毒理事会（National Council Against Drug Abuse）举办的一项运动，目的是告诫人们远离毒品。
A campaign initiated by the Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB) and National Council Against Drug Abuse (NCADA) to warn the public to stay away from drugs.
- 为了纪念国际禁毒日（International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking）,新加坡自1995年以来每年都会举办反嗜毒运动。
- 2014年，反毒舞蹈比赛（DanceWorks!）和反嗜毒运动首次同时举办。反毒舞蹈比赛以“人生不能重来，向毒品说不！”（ Life Does not Rewind, Say No to Drugs）为口号。
- 2019年，滨海湾（Marina Bay）和港湾(HarbourFront)一带的著名建筑和地标纷纷亮起绿色或白色的灯光，以表示对反嗜毒运动的支持。
- Since 1995, Singapore has organised the annual Anti-Drug Abuse Campaign in commemoration of the International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking.
- In 2014, the anti-drug dance competition, DanceWorks!, was held in conjunction with the Anti-Drug Abuse Campaign for the very first time, with the theme “Life Does not Rewind, Say No to Drugs”.
- The Anti-Drug Abuse Campaign celebrated its 20th anniversary in 2015. The campaign organised a special timeline exhibition for visitors to learn more about the history of the campaign in the past 20 years.
- In 2019, famous landmarks around Marina Bay and HarbourFront were illuminated in either green or white lights to show their support for the Anti-Drug Abuse Campaign.
“反嗜毒运动” （Anti-Drug Abuse Campaign）由中央肃毒局与全国防止嗜毒理事会主办，至今已举办了22年。(《联合早报》，18/6/2017)
The Anti-Drug Abuse Campaign jointly organised by the Central Narcotics Bureau and National Council Against Drug Abuse has entered its 22nd year this year. (Lianhe Zaobao, 18/6/2017)